Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MOO!


First of all, do Bison "Moo"? I'll have to ask my dad. Anyway, I have never been a very big meat eater, but lately, with our stricter diet, I have been eating even less. However, I do get an occasional craving for some good red meat. This time, I happened to be at the grocery store, wandering in the meat section when I laid my eyes upon the most beautiful Bison I have ever seen. Okay, so I've only eaten Bison once, at a really nice restaurant in Atlanta, BUT, it looked good. I decided to splurge a little as it is kind of pricey, but ended up with 8 large, juicy, delicious Bison Burgers. Here's what I did:

Added Onion Salt, Garlic Salt, 1 medium chopped yellow onion, Ketchup, Worcest. Sauce, and Pepper to ground Bison, and mixed with hands. Formed mixture into 4 large patties. Grilled on George Foreman indoors (it was dark outside) until brown all the way through. The patties ended up so large, that we halved them. Served the burgers on Whole Wheat buns, topped with fresh tomatoes. YUMM! Needless to say, we WILL be making these again. :)

xoxo,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment