Friday, August 13, 2010

Feelin' Kind of Corny



My hubby made quite the delicious dinner this evening. Well, I do have to give myself a little credit, I did season the meal, but it was his grilling abilities that created the perfection that was our dinner. First, I butterflied some chicken breasts. For those of you who do not know what that is, don't feel bad, I just learned. Basically, I sliced each chicken breast down the side and opened it to create a thinner, stretched out piece of meat that makes the shape of a butterfly's wings. It allows the chicken to be seasoned more evenly, and cooks faster, too! I then seasoned each butterflied breast with oregano, basil, and the juice from a few fresh slices of lemon and lime.

I sat the seasoned breasts aside, and went to work on my corn. Thankfully, I caught a grilling episode on The Food Network this week featuring Bobby Flay, in which he suggested and demonstrated grilling the corn in its husk to protect it from charring too much. I followed his instructions and husked the corn, removing the silk, but then replacing part of the bottom and top of each husk, enough to protect all sides of the corn. I then had my lovely assistant, i.e. grillmaster, i.e. husband, place the corn on the grill for about 5-7 minutes, then add the chicken. After about 20 minutes, our completed dinner was juicy, tangy, and delicious. Yum!

Have a great weekend!

xoxo,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment