Saturday, August 28, 2010

One 'n Only


For some time now, I have been wanting to try Moroccan Oil for my hair. I have read many, many blog posts reviewing this product for months now, but it does run a little pricey, and I just hadn't bought into it yet. Well, thanks to one, wonderful fellow blogger who decided to post a public service announcement this week, I found an amazing,affordable alternative.

Two words: Argan Oil. Argan Oil is derived from Moroccan Argan Trees, and is basically the generic version of pure Moroccan Oil. I purchased the brand One 'n Only this week at Sally's Beauty Supply for around 10 bucks. I apply about a nickel sized (maybe even slightly smaller)amount of the oil to my hands after towel drying hair post shower. Then, I rub the oil between my palms to get it nice and even, and apply it to the ends of my hair first, starting at the nape of my neck, and work my way up to the top and front of my head.

Here's my review of the product, although, from my description in the previous paragraphs, I'm fairly sure you can surmise my opinion already. ;)

Pros:
•Non-greasy, alcohol-free formula
•Creates shine without leaving an oil residue
•Reduces drying time
•Smoothes cuticle for silky, conditioned and healthy looking hair
•Eliminates frizz and leaves hair more manageable
•Helps protect against damage caused by the environment or heat styling
•For all hair types
•UV protection

Now for the Cons.....drum roll please....

I have only two, and this is after giving it some serious thought. 1)I don't know how to explain the scent of the Argan Oil in any other way, but to compare it to your grandmother's perfume**. However, it is pleasant enough, just very girly, and it does absorb instantly and the scent is almost completely gone upon drying of the hair. 2) Cost - the bottle is only about 3 ounces, so for 10 bucks, I suppose it can be considered a pricier product, BUT, you only need to use so little of this product at a time, that I find it completely worth it.

Enjoy! Let me know if you try it, and what you think :)

xoxo,
Emily

**Disclaimer: I love Grandmothers, I do not think they stink, some just smell very, very girly at times, and I think both of my grandmothers smell wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment