Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Beauty Product Review





So, nothing very eventful happened today. Which, mind you, isn't necessarily a bad thing. Hence, I have nothing very important to blog about. So..instead, I will blog about some of my favorite, new, beauty products. In high school, my friends and family used to refer to me as the "product queen". I was obsessed with the latest finds. Flash forward to today, I still maintain my interest in products, but now shop for them on a budget. Some of my favorite things right now are as follows:

1. Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion in Light/Medium - a lot of people have been telling me I have more color lately. In part, this is due to some recent beach trips. Some of the color, though, is because of this great product. I put it on about once a week after exfoliating in the shower and drying off thoroughly. I apply it to my body with gloves on first, then use a cotton ball to apply it lightly to the palms of my hands. A con is that it has that icky self-tanner smell, but other than that I have no negatives about this puppy.
2. Almay eyeliner in Brown - goes on very smoothly without pulling the skin. The liner is a rich, chocolatey, brown that isn't too harsh, can be used to create a dramatic, defined line, or a more subtle, smudged look. Very easily removed in the evening, but won't smudge during the day.
3. CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara in Very Black - I have tried a lot of different mascaras, but this one is the best. Granted, I refuse to pay a lot of money for mascara, but this one has even better reviews than the comparable, yet more expensive DiorShow mascara. LashBlast goes on extremely smoothly with no clumps thanks to its brush and evenly distributed formula. It also comes off easily in the evenings and is gentle enough for even the most sensitive of eyes.
4. Lorac Blush in Desire - I was given this blush as a gift around Christmas time, and I still have a lot left in the container. Not because I don't use it, I actually use it daily. It is because it is very concentrated and you do not need to use much at a time. It also lasts all.day.long, so re-application is not necessary. It looks somewhat shockinly pink in the contatiner, but goes on like a soft, light, ballerina pink, sure to flatter a variety of skintones.
5. Crest Pro-Health Enamel Shield Mouthwash - Everyone wants a clean, white smile. I've tried a variety of products claiming to whiten teeth to a shimmery clean, but this one I REALLY like. It isn't even particularly used to create super white teeth, but it seems to make them look really healthy and feel really clean.

Well, those are my reviews of the day. Hope someone finds them useful. :)

xoxo,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment