Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

This post was originally supposed to be about my Cranberry Apple Stuffing, Cranberry Walnut Salad, and Pecan Pie. However, considering I haven't yet made any of these items, clearly I will wait to discuss them.

As many of you know, my grandmother was on the brink of death this week. Literally, she was shocked back to life six times and worked on for five hours before finally having a pulse. She remained on life support for a few days, and I flew home Wednesday evening, thinking I was there to assist my family in funeral preparations and to comfort my mom. This week, my family witnessed a miracle. Nanny is definitely not out of the water yet and she continues to have cancer and suffer from complications of it, but once again, God wanted Nanny to have more time to touch the lives of others and allowed her to continue living on Earth.

This Thanksgiving week, I am so, so incredibly thankful to God for giving us more time to love on Nanny and how once again, tragedy brought my family even closer.

Love,
Emily xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment