Saturday, December 4, 2010

Baking Blunders

Last night, in a kitchen full of flour and a face covered in dough, I came to the realization that while I may have some small semblance of a knack for cooking, baking is an entirely different story.

I enjoy baking, very much! But I have definitely had more baking failures than successes as of late. My mom always said that most people are EITHER a baker OR a cook, and I am starting to believe her. Oh well. I will keep trying. Maybe baking is just an acquired skill, and I have had some successes thus far which make Tyler very happy.

In other baking news, I tried out a new cookie recipe last night as a trial run for a cookie baking competition at work, and they were delicious! Yes, I learned I need to make them smaller, round the dough into tighter balls, and cook them for 2 minutes less, but nonetheless they tasted like little bits of heaven. I will post the recipe and other Christmas Cookie favorites in a few weeks.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. This cold I have is definitely keeping me from being as productive as I was hoping, but I am looking forward to a relaxing pedicure and lunch with my friend Kristy this afternoon and our Sunday School Christmas party this evening.

Love always xoxo,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment