Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Florida Family Christmas





First of all, Merry Christmas!! I hope you all had (are having) a wonderful time with your friends and family. I know we certainly are!

Today was such a nice change of pace. We've always loved our Holidays with family, but on my side of the family it's always been go-go-go. Open gifts at home, lunch and gifts at Nanna's, gifts and dinner at Nanny's. This Christmas, we were unable to fly home, so my parents came to Florida for our first Southern Christmas. We opened gifts in the morning, and Tyler and my dad went golfing in the afternoon. I think my dad thought he'd died and gone to heaven. I actually convinced my mom to stay in her cute winter pajamas with me and just relax around the house until late afternoon. It was wonderful.

This was also my first time being able to host any type of Holiday gathering even though it was just the 4 of us, so I was ready to cook! For breakfast, I baked a sausage, egg, and cinnamon apple casserole and French toast casserole which was to die for. I also baked red-velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for dessert (my dad's favorite), and a holiday ham with green bean casserole (a family classic) for dinner. It was a lot of fun to prepare, especially in some of my new aprons and with my mom by my side. :)

Hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas!

xoxo,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment