Monday, November 1, 2010

Holy Sweets, Batman!


Ok, so I realize it's the day after Halloween and therefore my title is not so funny, but that's really how I feel! For some reason, October was THE month of sweets for me. Cupcakes, muffins, brownies, cookies, and finally, Apple Nachos. Here is the recipe for this evening's dessert.

-Found in Taste of Home, adapted by me :)
-Photo by Taste of Home magazine
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Ingredients
36 caramels (I actually used the fast melting, small caramel balls - 1 bag)
1 tablespoon water
30 large marshmallows (I used some Strawberry and some plain)
1/3 cup butter, cubed
4 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (I used Granny Smith)
1/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts (I used Walnuts)
1/3 cup HERSHEY’®S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Ghiradelli for this girl)
3 tablespoons Halloween sprinkles
Directions
•In a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with water; stir until
smooth.

•Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter. Arrange
apple slices on a large platter. Drizzle with caramel; top with
marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts, chocolate chips and
sprinkles. Serve immediately. Yield: 24 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 149 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic
Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.

This fun, sweet treat turned out soo yummy!!! But, a word of caution...a little goes a long way. This girl's got an aching, but satisfied belly.

xoxo,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment