Thursday, October 6, 2011

Freezer to Crockpot Meals...Again



I.can't.stop. But I don't want to either! I am LOVING this whole DUMP crockpot method. I cannot tell you folks how much time and money it is saving me during the month. I created some new ones based on recipes I found in my Fix it and Forget it cookbook. My favorites are definitely the Chili and the Bean Soup, although the hubby was partial to the Teriyaki Drummettes. My suggestion, try them all. ;)

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings

4 pounds chicken wings and/or drumsticks
1 (14 ounce) jar chipotle salsa
1 (11 ounce) jar apricot preserves
Vegetables of your choice (I used fresh apricots, peaches, and red and yellow peppers)
As usual, freeze, thaw for 30 minutes, and cook on low for about 8 hours.

Teriyaki Drummettes

2 pounds chicken drumettes
½ cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon dry sherry
3 garlic cloves minced
Vegetables of your choice (I used a large frozen bag of Asian inspired veggies, including snow pea pods, carrots, water chestnuts, etc.)
Same process as above for cooking.

Bean Soup

1 (16 ounce) bag fifteen (or sixteen, whatever you can find) dry bean soup mix (discard flavor packet)
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons of your favorite spice blend
1 (14 ounce) can Italian style diced tomatoes with liquid
Salt and pepper to taste
**Add enough water to completely cover the beans, plus an additional 3 inches or so if making this without freezing. IF FREEZING, only use enough water to cover about half of what will resemble a frozen bean block, and add more if you see fit later on. Also, I did notice that when freezing dried beans, they take longer to thaw. Therefore, I typically cook this soup overnight on low for about 10-12 hours.**

**I added sausage to this. Just your regular old chain of cooked sausage - turkey, italian seasoned, whatever you choose, cut/diced and tossed in for flavor and to beef it up a bit for the men. However, this soup is great with just beans as a vegetarian option.**

Basic Chili

1 pound ground meat (turkey works great), browned and drained
4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 onion diced
8 garlic cloves, minced
1 large (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (tastes fine without, too)
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 whole jalapeno peppers

I really hope you enjoy these. They are very adaptable, so feel free to play around a little. Oh, and I HIGHLY suggest dancing and listening to music whilst prepping these puppies. It is quite enjoyable (for me and the neighbors).

xoxo,
Emily

10 comments:

  1. Hi Emily, I found your blog on Pinterest comments on another freezer-to-crockpot post, and your recipes are more in line with my tastes (goulash? yikes, not so much!). I posted links to 2 of your freezer-to-crockpot posts on my facebook... i hope that's ok! Is there a "preferred" way to do this? I can't wait to try these -- they all sound deLISH!!! Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm flattered and happy we have similar tastes. :) Please feel free to share whatever you'd like, I love knowing that other people are benefitting the way that I have from freezer-to-crockpotting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. Kenmore Refrigerator Repair in Santa Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. Freezer Repair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Viking , Wolf, Dacor Stove & Range Repair Manhattan Beach

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.. SubZero refrigerator repair Malibu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. RANGE REPAIR IN SANTA MONICA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. Monogram, Viking, SubZero fix ice maker in Pount Loma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. SubZero, Viking Refrigerator Repair in Pasadena

    ReplyDelete
  10. ALsiraj is a name you can trust when it pertains to repairing home devices. Whether it's your dishwashing machine, cleaning machine, refrigerator, dryer, cooking variety, or microwave oven, their group of knowledgeable professionals has the competence to detect and resolve any issue. From small repairs to significant overhauls, ALsiraj manages all of it with professionalism and accuracy.

    ReplyDelete