Friday, September 23, 2011

Monster Smoothie

Hi y'all! I will be posting next week sometime my newest frozen crockpot meal additions, but for now, I wanted to share a quick smoothie recipe.

I don't always feel like I am getting enough fresh fruits and veggies during the day (especially veggies), so here is my solution. I have heard that the addition of spinach to fruit smoothies adds nothing but nutrients (no taste), and it is so true! Basically, this Monster Smoothie includes the regulars: any fruit you want, a splash of dairy, soy, or almond milk, a tablespoon of greek or regular yogurt, honey, etc, BUT with the addition of nutrient-rich Spinach. Here is the actual recipe. Feel free to change or adapt as you wish. I change it up depending on what fruits look good at the store that week, or what needs cleaned out of my fridge. This makes a GREAT breakfast, and keeps you feeling full and satisfied. Enjoy!

1 banana, roughly chopped (I usually use 2 bananas)
4 or 5 strawberries
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 small peach, peeled and roughly chopped
1 heaping cup (or more) fresh spinach leaves, thoroughly rinsed
splash vanilla soy milk (or dairy or almond)
1 tablespoon Greek yogurt (or regular)
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 cup crushed ice

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.

xoxo,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment