Wednesday, May 27, 2015

TFW Transformation & Advocare 24 Day Challenge





When I first got pregnant with Camden, I immediately knew I was going to want to do something to kick start cleaner eating and post-partum weight loss after his birth.

Given that I was on bed rest, followed by a C-section, I was limited in what I could do for a pretty decent period of time.

One of my best friends, Malerie, is an Advocare Distributor. I've seen her results and the results of her friends and family when they've completed challenges in the past, but I was still hesitant to try. What if it doesn't work for me? What if the herbal cleanse portion makes my sensitive tummy upset?

When Tyler's place of employment, Training for Warriors, began advertising the start of an 8-week fitness and nutrition challenge/transformation, I knew it was game on. You can read more about Training for Warriors here.  After signing up for the TFW transformation, I ordered the Advocare 24 Day Challenge kit, grabbed my water bottle, and it was game on.

Malerie's cousin, Karli, documented one of her Advocare challenges and I thoroughly enjoyed reading each and every entry. It was extremely helpful for me to read some of her meal plan ideas, and to get an overall idea of what her days looked like while on the challenge. I decided to document some of my experiences during the next 24 days and 8 weeks. Maybe it will help someone like Karli's blog helped me, or maybe it will just hold me accountable. Either way, I've convinced myself it's a good idea. ;)

So far on the TFW Challenge, I have started drinking a minimum of 64 ounces of water day (usually more like 70+) and can feel a big improvement in my energy level. I also am focusing on eating cleaner, whole foods (at least one from the Warrior 20 list every day), and more fruits and veggies. I'm also attempting to be more active, regularly.

The Advocare part of my challenge begins this Friday. To prepare for this, I did the following:

Reading, reading, and even more reading. I literally read every.single. blog and Pinterest entry I could find on the challenge and how to best organize myself. I made a list of the "tips" and "hints" I found while, you guessed it, reading.

Bagging. I used sandwich sized baggies to divide out all of my vitamins and supplements into individual days, 1-24, with a few specific notes on days with changes (i.e. when I switch from the cleanse to max phase on day 11, when to measure/weigh, etc.)

(Meal) Planning. I planned out every single dinner (including take out or eat out nights) with whole, clean foods. For example, a whole chicken cooked in the crockpot with lemon slices and fresh rosemary sprigs, with a side of quinoa/brown rice mix. For breakfasts and lunches, I wrote out ideas to choose from during the weeks. I also made a "grabs" list of snack ideas to choose from. I then typed out my meals, created a grocery list, and posted dinner/day assignments on my fridge.

Shopping.  I picked up a blender bottle for my Spark and Fiber drinks, groceries, an extra reusable bottle for water, and a few other goodies to help keep me on track.

Measuring. The benefits to being married to a personal trainer are many. I am being measured on Thursday so that I can track any changes that might occur to my body in the next 24 days and 8 weeks.

You can read about the products I purchased to help me kick start cleaner eating and a post-baby, healthier lifestyle here.  The one optional product I added to my 24 day bundle is the Catalyst, if you were wondering. :)


I'm ready for Friday - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment